First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
- Interprets and acts on instructions from customers and title officers.
- Searches, examines and interprets real estate documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, assignments and reconveyances, subdivision maps, assessor parcel maps, moderately complex metes and bounds legal descriptions, section and lot and block from direct base working directly with title officer.
- Within authority limits, resolves whether general index items are to be included in evidence of title, within authority limits.
- Assists in training associates.
- Special technical responsibilities may include establishing and maintaining builder indemnity files and proficiency in builder approval criteria.
- Work is very similar to that performed by intermediate level, but handles more complex, less routine or escalated transactions, based on level of experience and competency.
- Researches and obtains information for moderately complex data analysis
Supervision Received or Extended
- Receives general supervision and is competent to perform most aspects of the job independently.
- No formal responsibility of supervision exercised, but is resource to more junior employees
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of several office software packages to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and desktop publishing applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication skillsMust be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Strong detail orientation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 3+ years title industry experience; commercial title experience a plus
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Scottsdale, AZ