EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Two account executive vacancies have arisen in our UK office to support the UK Academic market. The mission of the account executive role is to generate new business, upsell to current customers and maintain existing client business. Therefore, a combination of account management and new business development skills is required.
The role will involve selling digital products (eJournal Collections, eBooks, SaaS) to information professionals, library staff and academics. You will be responsible for maintaining a diverse portfolio of existing customers as well as identifying new leads. You will work closely with the senior sales team to develop an effective sales strategy to maximize revenue and sales.
Ideally you will come from a sales /account management background preferably with experience of selling educational or technology-based products / services over the phone. You will be hungry to find new leads and cold call clients and take ownership of your own workload. You will be a confident communicator who is able to develop effective relationships with customers.
- To develop this market sector with regards to finding new business opportunities, following up on leads, upselling and ensuring renewals of current products.
- Manage and retain a portfolio of customers with a number of diverse products
- Build and maintain a high standard of rapport with potential & existing customers at all levels
- Take responsibility for communicating the ‘EBSCO message’ and influence the direction of the client’s future decisions
- Understand the needs of client and articulate how EBSCO’s products and services can bring value to them and the user-base they support
- Work alongside field sales staff to maximise sales opportunities
- Attend local / national conferences or exhibitions when required
- Work closely with the account executive manager to develop an effective sales strategy / plan
- Populate, update and manage daily, a CRM system to achieve sales targets and objectives
- Produce monthly sales reports required for business planning
- Anticipate market needs and research improvements to our service culture
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Have past experience of account management and some sales experience
- Ideally they will have experience of selling into the education sector and/or experience of selling a technical product.
- Have excellent time management / operational skills
- Operate with a defined vision and have a bias for action
- Be confident with talking to prospects and customers on the telephone
- Have the energy and mental capacity to be an expert in a portfolio of products
- Be self-motivated and well organized
- Be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing (literacy and numeracy skills are essential)
- Bring with them a strong focus and attention to detail – strives to become an industry expert
- Be comfortable working with medium to long-term sales cycles
- Demonstrate personal values of integrity, respect, professionalism, creativity and initiative
- Will be required to travel to US as part of training
EBSCO Information Services is a company headquartered in the United States and the personal information collected on its websites may be sent to, stored or processed in the United States, or to any other country in which EBSCO Information Services or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. While EBSCO Information Services is committed to providing your voluntarily disclosed employment application information with a reasonable level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. By using the EBSCO Information Services website and/or providing EBSCO Information Services with personal identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and the collection and processing of such information in the United States. Job Segment:
Business Development, Field Sales, Account Executive, CRM, Sales, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)