Position Responsibilities\Requirements: FIS, Institutional and Wholesale, Risk & ComplianceSenior Software Engineer
FIS provides an integrated solution suite for asset/liability management, budgeting and planning, regulatory compliance, and profitability. We provide solutions focused on helping our customers integrate systems and data to streamline operations, reduce cost, mitigate risk and understand enterprise-wide exposure.
FIS Institutional and Wholesale is seeking a senior software engineer with strong skills to join our Boston based BancWare development team working on a variety of financial engineering projects for asset/liability management and interest rate risk product offerings. He or she will thrive by being a team oriented player and mentoring in a highly collaborative environment using agile development processes. The candidate must be a self-starter who is always open to optimizing existing development practices through new technologies, patterns, and processes. Responsibilities
- Participate in the agile (Scrum) process throughout the SDLC to produce high performing, advanced risk analytics for our customers
- Participate in project planning sessions, working closely with business analysts and other team members to analyze requirements and provide design recommendations for complex systems
- Design and develop new software or make modifications to existing complex software applications using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices
- Take part in reviews of work, e.g. design and code reviews, and demonstrate software to all stakeholders
- Share knowledge and provide technical guidance to other team members within areas of expertise
- Work with technical staff to analyze and understand problems with complex software and resolve them
- Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer/Information Sciences or Mathematics as well as eight (8) years' related work experience. Alternatively, exceptional candidates with a Bachelor's degree and related work experience will also be considered.
- Expert knowledge of Object Orient Patterns and Design, data structures and algorithms, parallel and distributed computing, SoA and multi-tier architectures
- Experience with modern application architecture and development (e.g., microservices, containers, cloud, PAAS, DevOps)
- Significant development experience throughout the SDLC using Microsoft .Net/C#, additional skills in .Net Core are seen as a plus
- Some experience with web UI development (e.g., HTML5, AngularJS/TS)
- Solid experience with relational database development, including logical design, stored procedures, functions, triggers and performance tuning
- Demonstrated expertise performance tuning applications from top to bottom; including profiling of applications
- Strong logical and analytical skills, with the ability to creatively troubleshoot and resolve challenging problems
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to effectively express ideas, engage in complex discussions and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues
- Proactive, delivery-oriented team player who takes responsibility for the team's success
- Experience in the banking or financial services industries with knowledge of financial instruments. Candidate must demonstrate interest in learning and applying financial concepts
- Experience with risk management, interest rate modelling and/or predictive analytics applications
- Experience with NoSQL databases, MongoDB preferred.
- Conversant experience with reporting and BI tools
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud providers
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development and Model Driven Development
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Boston, MA