Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Power & HVAC Services is a Specialty Business within Sunbelt Rentals offering Large Generators, Air Compressors, Trench Shoring, Temperature Control Equipment and Desiccant Dehumidifiers to Specialty Contractors, often including the setup and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after hours response which requires frequent work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Services and oversees major repairs of all types of equipment as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop; dismantles and reassembles/rebuilds equipment; fabricates parts and equipment as required to meet shop and customer needs; diagnoses complex mechanical equipment problems
- Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down time in the field
- Performs safety inspections on equipment
- Maintains a clean and safe shop work environment
- Provides support to other mechanics engaged in equipment repairs or maintenance
- Assesses time and cost of repairs
- May specialize in specific types of large equipment in large Profit Centers
- Performs other duties assigned as assigned by the manager
- Attends all training and manufacturing training as directed
- Adheres to all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
- Attends and participates in all Profit Center Meetings
- Some trade school desirable
- At least 3+ years experience with similar equipment
- Possess a strong knowledge of individual equipment design and safety requirements
- Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety and a high level of safety consciousness
- Ability to communicate equipment issues and direct others on job assignments
- Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
- On a daily basis, position requires driving for many hours at a stretch, loading and unloading cargo, and considerable lifting, carrying, and walking each day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures
- Night / Weekend work required
- The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Gear up for an exciting career!