Outstanding opportunity for a Safety Manager to provide leadership in the management, development, implementation and enforcement of corporate safety and health policies and procedures for mid sized
construction company in the Frederick area. The ideal
candidate should have construction and general
industry safety experience. This is a hands-on position with a high degree of autonomy and the successful candidate must be self-directed.
• Develop and oversee safety programs, policies
• Advise senior management of safety issues and
ensure compliance with local, state, and federal
health and environmental regulations.
• Develop job-specific safety plans.
• Investigate all safety incidents and generate reports
recommending actions to avoid future incidents.
• Establish and maintain all required job safety records.
• Review Safety Program regularly to ensure that it
meets or exceeds all project safety requirements.
• Create and maintain safety training and tracking
• Conduct regular job site inspections and record,
notify and prepare written reports of any violations
or unsafe practices and stop at once any violations
or unsafe practices.
• Conduct all required safety training for new and
existing employees and administer and record
• Write Job Hazard Analysis and completes all safety
related paperwork for specific jobs.
• Maintain and distribute PPE and train all new
employees on its use.
• Work closely with company Managers to plan more
complex safety aspects of project construction
including critical lifts, hazardous material handling, etc.
• Manage the company drug testing program.
Essential Experience, Technical Skills & Competencies:
• Bachelor's Degree in safety or health or related
discipline preferred, but not required.
• Minimum 5 - 7 years of construction and general
industry safety experience.
• Working knowledge of safety/environmental
principles and techniques and the ability to identify
known/potential exposures and recommending
• Strong management, leadership and interpersonal
skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally
and in writing.
• OSHA 30 or higher preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to manage multiple priorities at multiple
• Attention to detail and process driven.
• Must successfully complete a background check and
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability and a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.