At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Network Manager
within PNC's Service Desk Network Support
organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA
Your responsibilities include building out our first responder support team for network services. Developing highly skilled analysts who ensure high availability of PNC networks. You will report to the Centralized Escalation Manager within the Service Desk.
Your hours will be business days from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm with some flexibility. After hours support as required for production support. Within the day, there will be a variety of activity, with a pace set by the critical production issues and continuous improvement plans. In your role, you will draw upon strong leadership skills, network knowledge, process improvement and risk management decision making skills. You will collaborate with production and project engineers, as well as key service telecommunications providers on day to day operations and proactive problem management. Focus the team on ensuring minutes matter on fixing uses and ensuring are processes are efficient. You will leverage our key ITSM and monitoring tools to assist you in managing the operations.Specific Requirements
- Experience in financial services and/or insurance industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required
- Proven leadership and staff development
- Seven or more years of Network Engineering experience required.
- ITIL Certification Preferred
- Project Management Experience
- In-depth knowledge of networking and telecommunication systems, concepts, applicable methodologies, tools, standards, procedures and policies.
- In-depth understanding of fiber optic communications, Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless and IP Telephony systems.
- Proven proficiency in the use of network monitoring or other optimization tools such as Netqos, Riverbed/Opnet, CiscoWorks, etc.
- Expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: STP, RSTP, TCP/IP, IP, 802.1d, 802.1x, 802.1q, DS1/3, PIMv2, 802.11a/b/g/n, IPSec, 3Des, AES, PEAP, LEAP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP.
- Knowledge of the major router and switching platforms:
• Cisco and Nexus
- Knowledge of major internet routing protocols: BGP, IGMP, EIGRP, OSPF
- Cisco PIX version 8.3 and later
- Knowledge of Cisco CallManager platform, SIP, QoS, and other Telephony technologies
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- Other certifications a plus
- Knowledge of F5 LTM a plus
- Suggests solutions that make sense and are in line with future technology direction.
- Communicates openly and effectively.
- Demonstrates an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others.
- Anticipates and responds to management requests for information with timely, accurate findings.
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of field support teams and staff to ensure an appropriate level of support.
- Takes ownership of customer issues and requirements and ensures they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with sales and product development teams to develop and execute an effective sales strategy for each new business opportunity.
- Determines and schedules appropriate support requirements for a region or area and participates in negotiating service level agreements.
- Identifies and addresses the training and development needs of project managers and team staff.
Builds Winning Teams - Working Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Working Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
IT ENVIRONMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE INFRASTRUCTURE - Working Experience
- Knowledge of software technology, and the ability to plan global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components.
HARDWARE INFRASTRUCTURE - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to design, implement and integrate IT hardware for its use in business environments.
IT SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT (ITSM) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of management skill sets and technical tools to ensure quality and high standards in IT services.
Customer Support Service Agreements - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to existing customer support service agreements and the associated support levels and activities.
Customer Support Policies, Standards and Procedures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's customer support policies, standards and procedures and ability to guide customers on all company interactions.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of industry-relevant experience. An operations or production environment position typically requires 2 years of previous managerial experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA