Elmira Heights Central School District
Civil Service Appointment Status: Non-Competitive
1) Is at least 21 years of age;
2) Is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for operating a school bus, including licensing and training requirements;
3) Meets all qualifications in accordance with the Chemung County Civil Service Commission.
4) Special Working Conditions: Good physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position
Length of Work Days/Year:
1) Standard work day is Monday through Friday with a minimum of 4 hours per day. 2) 10 to 12 months per year
Terms of Employment
1.) Outlined in the EHESSA Contract with the Elmira Heights Central School District
1) Head Bus Driver (daily basis)
2) Overseen by Transportation Director/Superintendent of Schools
This is manual work of average difficulty requiring skills in the operation of a large motor vehicle. Work involves driving a school bus and performing minor maintenance tasks in connection with such operations. The operator is responsible for the safety and conduct of the children who are passengers. Work is performed under general supervision allowing the operator to carry out the details of the position. Does related work as required.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
1) Completes thorough vehicle pre-check to ensure proper functioning prior to all bus runs;
2) Operates the school bus on assigned routes or special trips;
3) Permits only assigned riders to ride the bus and has knowledge of passengers on the bus;
4) Completes daily run reports to include reports of mileage driven, bus condition and unusual occurrences on a run;
5) Maintains proper order on the bus;
6) Fuels and cleans the bus regularly and plugs in buses during cold weather to maintain proper battery charge; 7) Reports any problems to the Head Bus Driver and /or Bus Mechanic;
8) Follows all responsibilities and protocols as outlined in the Drivers Transportation Manual
Follows all Elmira Heights Board of Education and District policies. Performs related duties as required or assigned.
About this company
The Greater Southern Tier Board of Cooperative Educational Services provides educational leadership, services and support to meet the needs of our students and school districts.
We are called GST BOCES, but our full legal name is Schuyler-Steuben-Chemung-Tioga-Allegany BOCES.
Location/Region: Elmira Heights, NY